Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon wet canned dog food features wild boar as the first ingredient, providing dogs with a tasty, grain-free source of quality animal protein.
Overview of Brand Heritage & History
- Brand Origin: Taste of the Wild pet food is made by Diamond Pet Foods, founded in 1970 and headquartered in Meta, Missouri.
- Years in Business: Diamond Pet Foods has over 50 years of experience making nutritious pet foods.
- Mission Statement: Diamond Pet Foods aims to provide pets with affordable nutrition that also tastes great and supports overall health and wellbeing. Their products are made in company-owned facilities in the USA.
- Veterinary Expertise: Taste of the Wild foods are formulated with guidance from veterinary nutritionists and food scientists to ensure complete and balanced recipes tailored for a dog’s needs.
Introduction to Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food
- Product Name: Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Grain Free Wet Canned Dog Food with Wild Boar
- Brand: Taste of the Wild
- Product Type: Wet canned dog food
- Flavor: Southwest Canyon with Wild Boar
- Packaging: Comes in 13.2 oz cans
- Country of Manufacture: USA
Benefits of Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Food
- Ingredients: Wild boar, lamb broth, peas, potatoes, pea protein, canola oil, tomato pomace, natural flavor, salt, choline chloride.
- Calorie Content: 1,250 kcal/kg or 408 kcal/can
- Guaranteed Analysis:
- Crude Protein (min) 8.0%
- Crude Fat (min) 5.0%
- Crude Fiber (max) 1.0%
- Moisture (max) 78.0%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min) 1.4%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.3%
- Product Highlights: Grain-free recipe made with real wild boar as the first ingredient provides natural flavor. Supports lean muscle mass with quality animal protein sources. Moisture-rich canned format for everyday feeding or as a meal topper.
- Breeds and Life Stages: All life stages; suitable for most breeds.
- Manufacturing & Safety: Made in the USA; Product safety testing programs ensure consistency and safety.
Instructions for Optimal Use
Dosage: Feed one 13.2 oz can per day for dogs under 10 lbs. Adjust amounts accordingly for larger or more active dogs.
Tips: Mix into dry kibble for added flavor and moisture. Refrigerate unused portion. Transition food gradually over 5-7 days. Provide fresh water at all times. Consult veterinarian if issues arise.
Transformation Success Stories
Veterinarian Reviews: Results may vary, but studies suggest wet food topper improves hydration and supports urinary tract health. Owners praise palatability and positive response from picky eaters.
User Comments: “My dog absolutely loves this Southwest Canyon recipe and her coat is noticeably softer…” “I add a spoonful to my dog’s kibble as a tasty topper and his skin allergies have improved…” “My fussy little terrier is finally eating with more enthusiasm thanks to this grain-free wet food.”
Where to Buy Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon
- Retail Stores: Leading pet specialty retailers like PetSmart, Petco, Hollywood Feed, or visit Taste of the Wild’s store locator.
- Online: Chewy, Amazon, Walmart, PetFlow
Promotions: Sign up on the Taste of the Wild website for news of product trials, coupons, and special buys.
Discount Code: New Taste of the Wild email subscribers get 10% off first order.
How to Feed Your Dog Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon
For a 30 lb dog, feed one 13.2 oz can per day. Adjust amounts based on your dog’s weight – feed approximately 4.5 oz. per 10 lbs of body weight daily.
Mixing with Other Foods:
For added variety, Southwest Canyon can be served mixed with Taste of the Wild dry kibbles, cottage cheese, cooked egg or rice. When changing foods, transition gradually over 5-7 days.
|Weight of Dog
|Can of Feeding
|Under 20 lbs
|half a can per day
|1 can per day
|1-2 cans depending on activity level,
life stage or advice of your veterinarian.
The Southwest Canyon wet recipe can make it easier to add moisture and natural flavors to any dog’s diet. The quality ingredients offer digestive and skin/coat health benefits owners can see and feel. Taste of the Wild grain-free formulas provide balanced everyday nutrition based on your pet’s needs for maximum vitality.
Does Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food need to be refrigerated?
Yes, keep refrigerated and use within 5-7 days of opening.
Does Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food expire?
Unopened cans have a shelf life of 18 months or more from the manufacturing date.
Does Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food have an expiration date?
Yes, best by dates are stamped on the bottom of each can.
How long does Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food last after opening?
Use within 5-7 days of opening. Refrigerate unused portions.
How many times a day should I feed my Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned?
Most dogs eat once or twice per day. Adjust amounts instead of frequency.
What are the side effects of Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food?
Diarrhea or vomiting may occur if switching foods too quickly.
Can dogs eat Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food without water?
Yes, but be sure to always provide fresh water as well for proper hydration.
Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food is more than just Best Dog Food, it’s a celebration of the untamed spirit. It’s a chance for your dog to experience the thrill of the hunt, the freedom of the hidden waterways, and the rich flavors of the ancient wetlands, all from the comfort of your own home.
Remember, every bite of Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food is a step closer to the wild heart of your dog.
P.S. Don’t forget to explore our other Taste of the Wild formulas, like Wild Southwest Canyon Wet Canned Dog Food, to find the perfect match Nutrition & Diet for your dog’s unique needs and preferences.