BEING LOST IS A DISASTER
Pets can break loose during a disaster and become separated from their families. If you find a lost pet after a disaster, find your local shelter and call immediately for advice. Are you struggling with helping lost cats? The following information may help you!
Always be sure to:
- Offer the cat food and water. Consider keeping food, water, a towel, a carrier and bowls in your car to be prepared!
- Never try to touch or move an injured cat without the help or guidance of professionals.
- Never force a cat into your car.
- Arrange for the cat to go to a shelter so he can be scanned for a microchip and included in the shelter's lost-pet listings.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you are bitten or scratched, even if the wound seems minor.
- Keep the cat away from your other pets to avoid potential diseases or fights.
Learn more at https://petscaretip.com/cats-care